Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday Night Fights: THUNDERSTORM! Prize Fight - You Know What Happens To A Giant Robot When It Gets Hit By Lightning?




At first my jaw dropped when I read the rules to the FNF: THUNDERSTORM! Prize Fight, particularly when I read this:


  • every fight should reference some kind of severe weather.


The reason for my reaction? Because I had just posted a fight that was a perfect fit for those qualifications. In Round 12. Needless to say, I was struggling to come up with another appropriate fight....until I remembered the heroine whose codename is synonymous with severe weather....LITERALLY.


Tonight's tempestuous tussle comes from Uncanny X-Men#98, written by Chris Claremont and illustrated by Dave Cockrum and Sam Grainger. Synopsis: The X-Men are enjoying Christmas in downtown New York when they are attacked by Sentinels. Here, Ororo Munroe aka Storm charges into battle. But before she can face the deadly robots, she must first rescue an imperiled teammate.







That's why.








Ok, Ororo's mad now. Which means: Watch out, Sentinel!






Ok, Spacebooger, is that enough of a severe weather reference for you?





Scott, you're a buzzkill.




Yeah, chill out, Scott!


Tonight's prizefight is this inclement anthem by the Kooks.




For more storms a-brewin', click here. And don't forget to vote!



2 Comments:

At 6:13 AM , Blogger SallyP said...

I have always loved the fact that Storm is so completely bad-ads... and also so very nonchalant about it. Meanwhile, Scott is practically swallowing his tongue.

 
At 3:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so carried away by this story that I did not notice how I moved from this post to others on your blog. You should have made a mobile version of the blog, or an application with comics. You can buy app ratings and your business would be popular, as there are a lot of comics and manga fans in the world.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home