Friday, June 05, 2009

Friday Night Fights: G7 - Fight Music - Round Two: My Own Worst Enemy


For Round Two of Friday Night Fights: G7 - Fight Music, we're going back to the days of the annual Silver Age team-ups between the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America. The entry comes to us from Justice League of America #74, "Where Death Fears To Tread!", written by Denny O'Neill and drawn by Dick Dillin and Sid Greene.


Synopsis: The JSA, including the Earth-Two Superman, has been defeated by the all-powerful entity Aquarius, who releases them under his control, ordering them to destroy the JLA. Naturally, Superman-2 goes up against his Earth-One counterpart.


This story takes place before Keith Giffen and Wally Wood gave Earth-2 Supes the silver temples and older appearance in the late 70's. As rendered by Dillin and Greene here, the two Supermen look exactly alike. This inspired my choice of fight music for tonight's round: "My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit .


It's no surprise to me, I am my own worst enemy...

'Cause every now and then I kick the living sh*t out of me!


(Spacebooger could take 'em both on.)

Thanks again to Dial B.

5 Comments:

At 3:23 PM , Blogger Saranga said...

Oh man, those facial expressions are priceless!

 
At 9:25 PM , Anonymous ShadowWing Tronix said...

The second to last panel looks less like a fight...I'll just stop here and traditionally blame scans_daily.

 
At 5:04 AM , Blogger SallyP said...

"Up, up and away...from me" is a really fabulous bit of dialogue, I must say.

 
At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that the second to last panel is rather disturbing.

At least from a heterosexual point of view.

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger notintheface said...

And here I thought the first page, panel five was the homoerotic scene.

That second last panel is really nothing more than a standard clinch seen in lopsided boxing matches everywhere, except that:

a. usually BOTH fighters aren't clinching,

b. Dick Dillin's facial expressions take it to a completely different place,

and

c. they're VIBRATING.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home