Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Night Fights: G7 - Fight Music! Round 3: You Owe Me Money!


In tonight's entry for Round 3 of Friday Night Fights: G7 - Fight Music! , I'm getting some tag-team assistance from none other than Christopher Sims himself. You see, back in January of 2007, Mr. Sims recapped the Marvel Bronze Age crack that was Luke Cage, Hero For Hire#9. (By the way, it was a non-FNF post, otherwise I would not use the scans below.)


In this tale entitled "Where Angels Fear To Tread" by Steve Englehart and George Tuska, Dr. Doom, through a third party, hires Luke Cage for $200 to take down some of his robots who are disguised as black men and hiding in New York. (No, I'm not making this up.) Cage does so, only to have Doom skip out on paying him faster than you can say "Sweet Christmas!". Luke isn't having it, so he borrows a Fantastic Four pogo plane and jets to Latveria to get his due.




Only one thing could make this story better: Setting it to music.



And I can think of no better or more appropriate fight music than a song by a band I saw at many a live show in Chicago during my mid-to-late 20's. Tonight's featured fight song is "You Owe Me Money", written and performed by Ralph Covert (of Ralph's World fame, for the parents among you) and his band, The Bad Examples.






I think I'm gonna like this
Cutting you down to size
I've never been a bully -- I think it's about time
Gonna take you in the alley
Cut you up against the wall
Makes me feel so big -- makes you look so small


You owe me money
You owe me money
You owe me money
I'm gonna get it all




You're a real James Dean
Another rebel on the run
You gotta pay a price
For having other people's fun





Don't mess with me baby
'Cause I've been standing in your shoes
They got it out of me
I'm gonna get it out of you


You owe me money
You owe me money
You owe me money (yah)
Money (yah)
Money (yah)
I'm gonna get it all!!




Count your blessings, Vic. At least you didn't owe money to this guy.


Or this guy.

3 Comments:

At 7:03 AM , Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Doom. Just pay him the money already.

 
At 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cage doomed him in his dome!

 
At 6:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

www0705
nike air max 90
kappa clothing
polo ralph lauren
ugg outlet
bvlgari jewelry
kobe shoes
wellensteyn jackets
swarovski outlet
nike store
pacers jerseys

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home