Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Night Fights: Double M - Round 1: Big Wheel Keeps on Turnin'!

In light of recent events, I thought I wouldn't be able to post an opening entry for Friday Night Fights:Double M, but then I remembered my drafts section. So I'm opting to burn through my remaining FNF drafts inventory, starting with this unfinished post I've had in the can from back during the "G7" days.


The "Big Wheel" that "keeps turning round and round" has been mentioned in a variety of 60's and 70's rock songs, from Journey's "Wheel in the Sky" to Steely Dan's "Do It Again" to tonight's featured fight song, Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Proud Mary"


However, I don't think this image from Amazing Spider-Man#182, by Marv Wolfman, Ross Andru, and Mike Esposito, is what they had in mind.





Meet Jackson Weele. After being blackmailed and taunted with the nickname "Big Wheel" by the Rocket Racer, Weele buys a mechanized wheel from the Tinkerer to get revenge.


And then they run into a certain Wall-Crawler.




However, here's one problem with rampaging through the city in a giant mechanized wheel:


No control.





Special Thanks to Seanbaby.com.





1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM , Blogger SallyP said...

Well, that was good ridiculous fun. You know, nowadays it would take them six issues to do wat they did in a couple of pages.

But yes, these wheelie things are pretty hard to control. As in impossible.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home