Thursday, October 07, 2010

Requesting Technical Assistance

I've noticed something regarding my blog for a long time, but I have no clue how to fix it.


Here's the problem: When I go to, say, Slay Monstrobot's blog and view his links to other blogs, all the other blogs have both the title of their last post and the posting time listed, but when I get to the link to my own blog, all I ever see is the posting time.


Anyone know what I'm doing wrong on my blog setup?  All I can tell you is that I include my post title in the same space with the rest of my entry, albeit larger and boldfaced. Where should I put my post title instead?


Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Comments:

At 3:10 PM , Blogger SallyP said...

I wish that I could help, but I'm lucky if I manage to even get signed on some days!

Still, that does seem...odd.

 
At 4:42 AM , Blogger snell said...

In the Blogger "New Post" page, there is a separte spot for the post title. See this link for a framecap: here!!

If you don't put a title there, your post is officially "untitled," and most (but not all) RSS readers will default to the first line of text as the title (which is what yhou're intending it to do). But the RSS Blogger is using to do those blog links is just recognizing it as the first line of the post itself, and therefore listing the post with no title...

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger notintheface said...

I tried setting up a new post and saw no separate spot for the post title. Is there some kind of setting I need to use to enable it?

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger snell said...

I'm pretty confused here...on the Settings page, under the SETTINGS tab, click FORMATTING, scroll down to SHOW TITLE FIELD. This should be set to "yes." If this isn't the problem, I'm not sure what is...

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger notintheface said...

Looks like it worked. Thank you, sir!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home