Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Night Fights: Repeat Rehash Revenge! - Round 4: Here Comes The Bride, She'll Tan Your Hide!


Welcome once again to Friday Night Fights: Repeat Rehash Revenge!, where the main rule is that each of my entries must contain at least one character that I used in my immediately preceding entry. For reasons that I will explain in future rounds, my rounds in this bout will be heavy on the Superman family characters. I've already used Supes himself in the first three rounds. Tonight, however, I'm giving Big Blue a rest to focus on another character who was featured in last round's fight.


Slay, Monstrobot of the Deep won the last round by featuring Daredevil in a fat suit, so my featured combatant this week is.....




.......LOIS LANE IN A WEDDING DRESS.


Tonight's featured bridal brouhaha comes from the beginning of 1996's Superman: The Wedding Album one-shot. This scene is written by Dan Jurgens, Karl Kesel, David Michelinie, Louise Simonson, and/or Roger Stern (just go with it), and was illustrated by the art teams of John Byrne & Terry Austin, Kerry Gammill & Murphy Anderson, and Gil Kane & Bob McLeod (I'll leave it to you to guess which art team did which pages).


Synopsis: Lois is about to get married, not to the Man of Steel, but rather to........



......the most gullible drug lord ever.


(I love how Lois' word balloons here are in the shape of cute little pink hearts.)



Time for Lois to break out the champaigne!


Ah, nothing like a good Crocodile Dundee reference! Even back in 1996, that was still really dated.


Finally, Lois inflicts some Kane Pain...



You can say that again, Lois! Kate Middleton's got nothing on you!


Tonight's fight music is this wedding classic by Nick Lowe.


For more pugilistic prenuptials, click here. And don't forget to vote!




4 Comments:

At 8:00 AM , Blogger Saranga said...

Oh I'm so glad you've posted these! They were my favourite scenes in the Supes wedding album. Lois Lane is badass.

By the way, I'm hoping you do a post on Action Comics #900 and the conservative reaction to it...

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger notintheface said...

I know what you're talking about re:Action. However, a) I still need to pick it up (if I still can), and b) I'm still trying to gauge MY reaction to it.

By the way, how did you like my immediately previous post?

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

new balance shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
michael kors uk
fitflops sale
ugg outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
mont blanc outlet
coach factory outlet

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger zzyytt said...

michael kors outlet
christian louboutin shoes
coach bags sale
goyard bag sale
off-white
golden goose
lacoste polo shirts
harden shoes
lacoste outlet
kobe byrant shoes

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home