Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Night Fights: G7 - Fight Music! - Round 8: Kate!


For Round 8 of Friday Night Fights: G7 - Fight Music! , I'm resurrecting a scan that was my first attempt ever at a Friday Night Fights post. But, lest you think I'm merely recycling old rounds, notice that I use the word "attempt". That's right, due to an e-mailing snafu on my part, this entry never made it into the ring. So I get to use it on a technicality.


But why, you ask, am I even using it? Have I finally run out of new ideas?


Bite your tongue! I'm using this scan because, quite frankly, there was no way in hell I was going 12 rounds in a competition dedicated to fight music without playing at least one selection from Ben Folds Five. For tonight's round, I'm using "Kate" from their album Whatever And Ever, Amen. And I can think of no better scan to go with it.*


Everybody sing along:




I wanna be.....Kate!!!


Kate!!!


Kate!!!



The facekick above comes from Birds of Prey#102, by Gail Simone, Nicola Scott, and Doug Hazelwood, and is being administered by Manhunter a.k.a. Kate Spencer.


*(Well, actually, there was the scan where she killed off all those Multiplex duplicates, but that had been used in a round before. Also, that new Batwoman story was too recent. Mmmm, J.H. Williams art! Yum!!!)

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM , Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Kate. Everything you do is amazing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home