Thursday, August 19, 2010

Confessions Of A Comic-Con Virgin


The biggest exposure I've ever had to any comic book convention was an episode of the TV show "Entourage". But that changes this upcoming Saturday, when I attend the Chicago Comic Con 2010 Wizard World Convention at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont.


I've never attended one of these Comic Cons before, despite being a big fan of the genre.


So why am I attending this year? Here's why:




SHATNER!!


In addition to Shatner, the Con will also have Adam West, James Marsters, John "Q" de Lancie, Ethan Van Sciver, Michael "Patience Is A Virue" Golden, and "Iron" Mike Grell in attendance.

The Con will have one more key guest: Linda Hamilton.

Why do I call her a key guest? Because her appearance sealed the deal with my wife. Mrs. NITF, it turns out, is a major "Beauty And The Beast" fan.


I have no idea what to expect on Saturday, so if anyone who has attended other comic conventions can give me some insights, I would be extremely grateful.


I'll be the one wearing the Green Lantern t-shirt underneath a button shirt. I actually look a little bit like Hal in height and hair color. Hal, however, has a much better rear end.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM , Blogger Saranga said...

have fun! I've never been to a con either. get photos of all the cosplayers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home