Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Night Fights: Double M - Round 8: My "Shocking" Take On James Gunn!



In recent weeks I've had to cut down on my blogging due to time constraints, so I've had to keep my opinion pieces to a minimum and just focus on the Friday Night Fights: Double M posts. Remember how a few weeks back I came up with the clever idea of occasionally slipping my opinions on comics into the fight posts themselves. My Wonder Woman fight a few weeks back was one of those. And now.....brace yourselves....here comes another. This time it's my take on the recent James Gunn/ Guardians Of The Galaxy controversy. 


But don't worry, I'm not going to subject you to my overlong word salad tonight. Instead, I'm going to let tonight's titanic tussle do the talking for me. In Team Titans#2, by Marv Wolfman, Kevin Maguire (who, ironically, was engaged in one of the many Twitter discussions I witnessed on this topic), and Will Blyberg, a squad of future Teen Titans has travelled to the present to prevent Donna Troy's baby from growing up and ruling the world. (Just roll with it.) Here, they're fighting against present-day street thugs who have set fire to their teammate Redwing's wings. Hint: My opinion is hidden in the last two panels below with Dagon and Kilowatt.




Hint#2: That's a non-lethal charge.


Was the real-life lesson learned? The jury's still out. Meanwhile, let's enjoy tonight's shocking fight music by KISS


For more shocking lessons, click here. And don't forget to vote!




1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM , Blogger SallyP said...

I...honestly don't know exactly what just happened here, but the "wubbawubba" comment was a hoot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home